KID SHIRT

Saturday, November 27, 2010

THE FRANK ZAPPA ADVENT CALENDAR INCIDENT

In a cafe today, with wife and eldest daughter Kid Kid Shirt (aged 10), talking about Advent Calendars.

Me (enthusiastically): "What I'd really like is a Frank Zappa Advent Calendar...you know, one with a little chocolate guitar under each window..."

Wife (mock grimace): "Yeah, I bet you would..."

Kid Kid Shirt starts playing air-guitar and sing-talks an atonal Zappaesque run of noises...

Encouraged, I also start playing air-guitar, attempting an off-key approximation of the start of "Black Napkins".

Kid Kid Shirt starts following me, playing imaginary air-guitar-licks and repeating my sounds 0.7 of a second after me, creating a weird echo-effect.

Wife begins talking about something else, but struggles to get our attention: "I saw so-and-so on wednesday and she...she...I, uuh..."

Wife (loudly, frustration boiling over): "Will you two please stop...jamming !!"

The cafe goes quiet.

3 Comments:

At 6:53 am, Blogger farmer glitch said...

you need to be not so selfish - and let her have a go on that set of air-drums I see you lug about you !!

 
At 10:23 pm, Blogger I am not Kek-w said...

No one plays my air-drums!

NO ONE!

 
At 7:14 pm, Blogger Jason Gusmann said...

this made me very happy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home