KID SHIRT

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

BURNS Vs. TINTIN

Funny that Mister Warren Ellis should mention the Herge linkage in Charles Burns' "X'ED OUT" (and cool to hear him namedrop the cruelly underrated Yves Chaland too); by coincidence, Shaky Kane and I were riffing on the same topic, earlier today:

For example, this is a kinda post-apocalyptic remix...



...of this:



Shaky also pointed out that "X'ED OUT" had a red border that referenced the bindings on the old Tintin books (tho sadly missing from the image above).

I have a big soft spot for Burns' work, but (what I saw of) this one was particularly beautiful.

3 Comments:

At 5:11 pm, Blogger Jason Gusmann said...

love Love LOVE charles burns - "black spot" is my favorite, but i would've already bought "x-ed out" if it didn't cost so fucking much

 
At 5:12 pm, Blogger Jason Gusmann said...

goddamnit, i meant "black hole"

 
At 1:00 am, Blogger I am not Kek-w said...

Ahhh...yes, Burns is great.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home