KID SHIRT

Friday, August 27, 2010

KID SHIRT: FIRST BLOOD

Fallen on hard times. Living in the woods now...sleeping out in the open, living off the land. I'm constantly on the move, one step ahead of my pursuers. Just me, a boot-knife, cross-bow and an ASUS laptop. Just me and the sound of birds and running water. I'm writing on the run.



I've set wires...traps to catch those who are hunting me. Soon, I'll turn the tables on them. They'll rue the day they...

Wait. Was that a twig snapping? Or just my imagination. No...

Snnnf. Snnnf.

Ha. I'll gut them like pigs. Hahaha. I'll...

Ever since I got back from The 'Raq, the editors have been pushing me...they kept on pushing me. I said, "Don't push me, man!"

But they keep on pushing me. Wouldn't stop pushing me. I know...I know my writing style don't fit. I...I saw stuff over there - saw my writing-buddies get butchered - and now I can't write no pretty stuff no more.

"I SAID: DON'T YOU FUCKING PUSH ME, MAN! AND YOU - WHAT YOU LOOKING AT, HUH? - DON'T YOU BE FUCKING LOOKING AT ME LIKE THAT!"

Write another paragraph, save it. Shut the lid of the laptop, bury it next to a tree. Douse my camp-fire. Smear myself in dirt and rabbit blood. Someone's coming down the cycle-path! Cock the cross-bow and crawl down into the bottom of the stream.

"HAHAHAHAHA! YOU CAN'T SEE ME, BUT I CAN SEE *YOU*! I'M INVISIBLE NOW, YOU FUCKERS! I'M THE COLOUR OF THE EARTH! THE COLOUR OF BLOOD! HAHAHAHAHA..."

2 Comments:

At 11:52 pm, Blogger Fritz Bogott said...

You're all set for 24-hour Comic Day, then.

 
At 9:28 am, Blogger Matthew Ingram said...

:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home