KID SHIRT

Thursday, July 22, 2010

CANCER MATRIX: "SYGNOK KOMPUTER 1"

This is beyond fucking awesome. I love the whole sense of 'otherness' that clings to this as an art-object. The music seems almost irrelevent - secondary - but it's not, of course; it's just part of a greater conceptual whole.

I dig the frenzied / frazzled bedlamite logic that pervades this, but also fuels it.

The only thing I can think of, of the top of my head, that has a similar feel - a sense of narrative derailment, of being soooo completely, utterly soaked in its own personal.mythic gasoline until it reaches the point of auto-ignition - is some of the films of Damon Packard. He also creates uniquely-deranged sound-and-vision bubble-worlds whose narrative logic feels like it might almost be able to underpin some sustainable alternative to consensual reality. It's a momentum thing, of course - the viewer / listener gets dragged along in its wake for a few minutes, buoyed up by its garishness and sense of gleeful abandonment; it feels weirdly / temporarily 'authentic' even as we are seduced by it's 'wrongness'...it feels like we've been sucked into a world that has consistent narrative 'rules' of some sort, an internal logic - even though it's completely preposterous and even revels in revealing its own underlying processes...

I also get a similar buzz from Jeff Keen's work.

It's the first thing I've seen for a while that might even be Visionary. Whatever that means.

It ticks pretty much every box I like having ticked. Cheesy and cheap to look at, yet wickedly and awesomely inventive; so, beautifully, beautifully Gone On. Garage Surrealism.

Thanks to Pete Um for hepping me to this. Apparently, it's the work of Goodiepal. I should've guessed, I suppose. Plenty of clues there (the swastikas; the whistling; the moustache; it's Danish - duh!!!), but I was too busy picking my jaw up off the ground to notice.

This is part of his ongoing Goodiepalisation of the Eventide H8000, I guess.

Wonderful.

6 Comments:

At 1:13 am, Blogger jaysondensman said...

Some of my German genes were caught dancing around naked with electronic, light-up tamberines.

 
At 11:07 am, Blogger I am not Kek-w said...

S'mental, innit!

 
At 1:01 pm, Blogger HelĂ©n said...

you will love this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4SU1zhfK1E

 
At 7:14 pm, Blogger Pete Um said...

That Nochexxx, often annoyingly ahead of me with stuff, reckons it's been put together by an aficionado of the Goodie shit rather than the man himself. heard it from the horse's, even...

 
At 5:50 pm, Blogger jjc said...

I think the music is mostly made by Kid Kishore aka DJ Hvad - the bearded "rapper" with glowing eyes -, though most of the talking is done by Goodiepal as far as I can hear. You should check out Kishores own records on Syg Nok, it's a completely mad gabber/breakcore/bhangra-ghetteo-bass-concoction.

 
At 7:33 pm, Blogger I am not Kek-w said...

Cheers for info, fellas - now following DJ Hvad and Goodiepal on Soundcloud....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home