KID SHIRT

Saturday, May 15, 2010

CLUES

Have just risen from my disease-pod - (I've been ill, you see, and if it wasn't for the fact that I'm only 1/64th Jewish I'd probably go on and on and on and on about it; but I'll restrict myself to moan-oan-oan-oaning-on on Twitter, for this url is an Official Internet Happyzone) - only to be presented with this:



There's something kinda freakish and vaguely disturbing about this picture that I can't quite wrap my brain around (mind you, can't quite wrap my brain around much right now - that Abba 5 x LP box-set over there is creeping me out; winking at me from the corner of my, uh, what was I saying...?).

It suggests some sort of Anti-GraphicNovel stance to me.

(I'm very anti-GraphicNovel right now. I'm cherishing the idea of Nano-Comix; embracing the charm of The Very Small. Reductive Storytelling.)

And who is that character? What's he called? What's his...thing?

(I'm worried that he actually, you know, exists; that he lives in her wardrobe and that's a from-life sketch or something. We're only ever a wrong look - a misheard quote - away from Magic)

"Clues" to what, exactly? My kids constantly throw ideas at me - get the ol' neurones firing - make me think about stuff in ways I wouldn't normally come at it from.

I constantly trip over things they leave on the floor - diagrams; word-charts in imaginary languages; half-assembled cardboard n sellotape gizmos; conceptual kipple.

Love it.

2 Comments:

At 2:55 pm, Blogger Fritz Bogott said...

That character? That's you.

Those things they leave on the floor? Those are clues.

 
At 3:04 pm, Blogger I am not Kek-w said...

Dammit: you're right, Fritz: it is me!

Been staring me in the face all along.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home