KID SHIRT

Saturday, March 06, 2010

THE CARRIE NATIONS

The Carrie Nations = The Kelly Affair.

I love imaginary Pop/Rock groups.

Just been watching Russ Meyer's bonkers-but-excellent "Beyond The Valley of The Dolls"; thought I'd share this with ya. It's a great song! The film also features a (rather tame, I think) Strawberry Alarm-Clock. Didn't The Adult Net cover their song?



The pop svengali guy ("Z-Man") looks like Tim Goldworthy's imaginary flashback younger brother. Wonder if this is how DFA used to sign their acts?

The music's by the great Stu Philips. Coincidentally, I bought a job-lot of Monkees' LPs yesterday.

2 Comments:

At 8:02 am, Blogger Loki said...

love this film... easily in my Top 10 of all time... lots of films out there claiming to be groovy but this.... well... this...

 
At 11:38 pm, Blogger I am not Kek-w said...

It's great, innit? Just been watching "Point Blank" - the '67 niteclub scene in that: woaaah!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home