KID SHIRT

Saturday, January 09, 2010

VINYL PLAYLIST 09/01/10

Ah, fuck it...the gin's flowing, so I've re-booted that last post into a kinda playlist for this evening...mostly vinyl with one 'lil cassette. If the pictures look kinda weird and blurry then that's because I took them next to a functional disco-light lol - cos that's how I like to listen to this stuff.

















That Yes album is completely ripping me stupid right now and I make no apologies for that...right, onto the next batch of LPs. The evening's still young.

I should mention, however, that my youngest daughter - Kid Kid Kid Shirt, aged 5 - is labouring under the misconception that The New Seekers are actually Silvester Anfang... the cover has her completely fascinated. She keeps staring at it, as if she knows...

"Dad, is that your band friends who came over from another country and stayed...?"

Hmmmm: yep, I can see the similarities.

The New Seekers: Funeral Folk recording acts.

3 Comments:

At 7:30 am, Blogger farmer glitch said...

Picked up Circles - by The New Seekers only the other day in a rather special 'circle' fold out sleeve - a treasure of a disk !!

 
At 8:31 am, Blogger db said...

It took me a while to come around to Yes for the same reasons Stephen Thrower cites, which is primarily to say Jon Anderson, and even as a teenage kid prone to squeezing every last drop of psychedelia out of some pretty proggy stones it definitely took some time. I certainly have an easier time of it now, but it still feels a bit...unseemly...

Word verification: press. They're not even trying anymore.

 
At 11:30 am, Blogger I am not Kek-w said...

Yeah, "Circles" is the one NS album you should get. Great cover. Gonna have to get me a gatefold sleeve!

Yeah, Know what you mean about Yes, Darren - to those of us who came up thru Punk there is def. something 'unseemly' about them. It took me quite a few years to shed my punkrock prejucices. Anderson was the main reason I never liked them originally lol - his voice grated when I was younger, but I like it now. I'm a bit of a Chris Squire fan tho, I must admit. Always like his songs / bits Last year I bought up the Yes '75 solo LPs - "Fish out of Water" is great lol. But Patrick Moraz was a real reevelation - his 70s LPs are great - a real anomaly - a mix of Samba rhythms, Prog, Rock and Pop shapes, Moog solos, Choirs..."The Story of i" is particularly cool; can't imagine anything like it eing made now (apart from in a very self-conscious way)...

n the last few months I've been jamming the late 70s /early 80s Yes LPs. The title track of "Going For The One" is a lot more bonkers than my sneery teen punk self allowed me to admit

 

Post a Comment

<< Home