KID SHIRT

Sunday, November 29, 2009

SALEM Vs GUCCI MANE

Lovin' these synthetic GothRap re-imaginings - "Round One" is like Atlanta seen through a fine veil of late-70's Sheffield rain - strangely touching (all things considered); a pang of sadness for something that you can no longer touch - while "Bird Flu" is ticcin' nervous-sounding hi-hats and downpitched cough-syrup vocals, oppressive n unhinged...joints achin', unhinged by fever; fibromyalgic beats. An un-Screwed mix.

Call me old-fashioned, but I'd like a physical release of these tunes.

Wish I'd had a camera when I saw The Human League for 75p in the top-floor Union Bar.

2 Comments:

At 5:45 pm, Blogger 2ND.FADE said...

I had one when I saw them at V Fest this summer - does that count?

 
At 7:09 pm, Blogger I am not Kek-w said...

Nope. Nothing counts after "Travelogue"/"Holiday 80".

Well, okay, maybe "The Sound of The Crowd".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home