KID SHIRT

Saturday, November 28, 2009

MAN FROM URANUS, ETC

More Cambridge stuff:

Pete recently suggested I checked out Man from Uranus, which I did....

He's (apparently) a Gulf War Vet who's a Stockhausen nut - so, uhmm, straightaway this taps into some of my current obsessions; he also hangs out here.

This track is a lot of fun and a good kicking-off point; it also tickles some of the fluffy Lo-Fi Prog Vs. Charity-Shop Electro-Accousmatic belly-buttons that I've been sniffin' recently:



Lush production-sound! (Sounds great to my bottom-end-damaged middle-aged ears)

Some of his other stuff is a lot more spacey n out-there (and - dare I say it? - more 'serious'-minded (whatever that means!)), but - see! - this is how we suck you into the Strange Wyrld O'Boffin Rock... make yuh chuckle a bit, then - before you know it - we getcha breakdancin' to Parmegiani...

Suckers!

MFU also plays in Rock with Electronics (what a great name!) - with The Doozer? - so, yeah... get yer bleeps n tones on...

Maybe he should join the OU.

4 Comments:

At 2:02 am, Blogger landy bug said...

Kek?Stephen Conner from the Beer Street days says hello.That is if indeed you are who I think you are.I was trawling the net for something to do and found your site by chance.Serendipity.Or something.You write really well.

Bye for now

Stephen.

 
At 2:08 am, Blogger I am not Kek-w said...

Hello, Steve:

R A Lafferty! "Thus We Frustrate Charlemagne." I remember you fled the house in the early 80's when I tried to explain that story to you one night.

I don't blame you.

 
At 2:23 am, Blogger landy bug said...

Kek.It is you fear not I am not stalking you for sexual puposes.I see you have a link to the Fall.I saw them last Monday at the Metropolis in Bristol.They played "Psychic dancehall" as an encore.I had not seen them for at least 15 years.Mark e Smith looked quite healthy.Give my regards to Middle street.I may invade your blog agsin sometime.be lucky.

Stephen.

 
At 2:03 pm, Blogger Pete Um said...

Keys to Cambridge for this man. Thanks Kek!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home