KID SHIRT

Friday, October 09, 2009

THE SAINTS: "(I'M) STRANDED"

An Aus.Punk classic from back in the day; boy, The Saints' first album is a total classic; my old copy's almost worn one-molecule thick from 3 decades of needle-abuse. "Messin' With The Kid": what a fantastic grinding slow-burn song. But here's the title track (kinda weird playing/posting this with Blue Oyster Cult banging out in the background (my teenself wouldn't approve, I'm sure); still don't like Grand Funk Railroad tho):



"Awright."

4 Comments:

At 11:32 pm, Blogger Dominic Zero said...

Fucking brilliant. I do think 'Perfect Day' is one of the great pop/punk singles. Fabulous stuff.

 
At 12:18 am, Blogger I am not Kek-w said...

I still remember hanging out in me mate John-From-Dudley's freezin' cold basement flat back in the day, slumped out n listening to this record. It never fails to warm me heart's cockles.

 
At 12:46 am, Blogger Jason Gusmann said...

sorry. somehow comments weren't displayed for this on my pc. please see my comment after the following piece. sorry.

 
At 1:42 am, Blogger Paul Squires said...

Yayayayayayayayay!!!!!!!!! Rock on Chris Bailey. The Saints, the greatest band ever from my home town, my home suburb, Spring Hill, Brisbane. Go go go go faster faster louder louder,

 

Post a Comment

<< Home