KID SHIRT

Monday, September 21, 2009

ICE BIRD SPIRAL @ DREAMSTATE, COLSTON HALL

Looks like I'm playing at this on friday as part of Ice Bird Spiral.



It's part of the relaunched/rebranded/reopened Colston Hall week of events. Thanks to Chiz for asking us to play. Expect much strangeness.

Cracking line-up. I see Ignatz is playing - aka Bram, who's part of the Silvester Anfang/Funeral Folk collectiv that features some of my wonderful Flemish pals. Looking forward to checking him out live and having a chat.

Also: Es, aka Sami Sänpäkkilä, the Fonal Records boss and extraordinary Finnish film-maker. I've seen Es play on a couple of occassions in recent years and it's always a treat; also seen Sami play as part of an extended Islaja line-up. As well as being v. talented Sami's also a very nice chap.

I saw some of his films shown at the Cube about a year of so ago and was so impressed that I immediately bought a DVD from the merch stall. It's awesome stuff and I cannot recommend it highly enough. You can still get the DVD from Boomcat, or even better buy something directly from the Fonal Records shop. I see they're stocking an album from Ernesto, aka Bear Bones, Lay Low another member of the FF collectiv so what're you waiting for?

2 Comments:

At 9:43 am, Blogger BFND said...

god lord, i appear to have woken up in some strange parallel universe where groups like Ice Bird Spiral play the Colston Hall. The last time i went to that dump was probably to see Erasure in about 1987. they were shit.

 
At 9:36 pm, Blogger I am not Kek-w said...

Welcome to Earth-56.

We'll probably be shit too. Just for consistency's sake, of course.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home