KID SHIRT

Sunday, July 26, 2009

VINYL PLAYLIST: 25/07/2009

'Today'...mostly stuff to amuse/annoy me/wife/kids in various permutations, delete as applicable.

Errrmm:

Quintessence - "Dive Deep"

Blue Oyster Cult - "E.T.I." (keep coming back to this fucker! This time it provoked a two-child air-geetar contest; not bad considering a month ago they would scream at me to turn it off: Dad 1, Kids 0)

Steely Dan - "Can't Buy a Thrill" LP (Mostly "Brooklyn (Owes The Charmer Under Me)" and "Turn That heartbeat Over Again"); another album I keep hestitantly returning to.)

Silvester Anfang - "Demonische Agricultuur" (I looove these guys!)

Jamie Vexd - "In System Travel" (Blurred interstellar de-Wonk'd post-Wonk)

Johnny Guitar Watson - "Gangster of Love" (my kids started breakdancing-ing in the garden to this one!)

Parliament - "Bop Gun (Endangered Species)"

Group Doueh - "Nabi El Mohamed" (What can I say? North.African.Psychdrone-adelica)

Mountain - "Don't look Around" (parallel-universe Deep Purple)

Medicine Head - "White Dove" (feeeeel that mellotron surge n jews' harp bounce)

Blackfoot Sue - "Standing in the Road" (Slade w/ guitar-solos and tap-a-bottle percussives)

The Bee-Gees - "Run to Me"

Perry Como - "And I love You So" (fucking beautiful; no really. Play this though a reverb-unit and it's the greatest Ambient record ever made)

4 Comments:

At 1:31 pm, Blogger Martin said...

Never heard 'Dive Deep', but I did pick up the Quintessence LP "Self" from a Milton Keynes marketstall just cos the cover looked great and it was only a quid, as the previous owner's kid had crayoned the back cover to death. Weren't they a bunch of white blokes pretending to be Indian? There was a track called "Cosmic Surfer" that sounded like it should have been the soundtrack to a 70s Hindi, 'Monkey'-style, action series on TV. And the title track sounded like a harmonium crossover between 'Songs of Praise' and a gravy advert.

 
At 9:41 am, Blogger Dominic Zero said...

Medicine Head, Wow.
As for Mr Como, just genius.

 
At 4:02 pm, Blogger Jason Gusmann said...

all praise
he's found the awful truth
Balthazar
he's found the saucer news

possibly my favorite chorus EVER.

 
At 7:22 pm, Blogger I am not Kek-w said...

Roger that, Jason!

I looove that chorus. In fact - coincidentally - I think I may have posted the very same words on Twitter a few weeks back. It's genius.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home