KID SHIRT

Friday, July 31, 2009

FANTOMAS: DELIRIUM CORDIA

Especially for Jason Gusmann, a video for "Delirium Cordia" by Fantômas.



I didn't know that Terry Bozzio drummed with them or they'd once done a cover of T. Rex's "Chariot Choogle". Cool.

Kek's own tastes in, urh, 'Metal' tend to run to the sludgier, sluggier, 'eavier side of Doom these days, but this is okay, tho prob. not something I'd make a b-line to check. Not convinced by Mike Patton, tho not entirely sure what I mean by that lol. The guy's talented, for sure, but he doesn't seem to quite 'fit' some of the projects he's involved in. Interestingly, he's working these days as a voice-artist in movies, after voicing some of the creatures in "I am Legend".

Man, I loove these factoids.

3 Comments:

At 8:57 pm, Blogger Ruela said...

very cool!

 
At 2:28 am, Blogger Jason Gusmann said...

aw, thanks, kek, that was awesome! kind of like a dumbed-down matthew barney (which prolly means that it's actually enjoyable)with bargain-basement cgi. yeah, i can understand yr resistance to mike patton - it's odd how his puzzle pieces fit together, somehow.

 
At 8:36 pm, Blogger I am not Kek-w said...

I like the idea of "Bargain-Basement CGI", y'know - that just riffs off its own cheapness; stuff that looks like it was cooked up in a media-sweatshop in Laos lol.

I think it's got a whole bunch of merits; it's counter-intuitive, NonHollywood; NonMTV; NonSpectacle: as long as it wears it's cheepnis n *wrongness* on its sleeve and proclaims itself to be what it is.

I think Flash Animation might be the way to go; like the triffik stuff that Ruela (above) cooks up. It won't be long til we're all making/creating our own short adventure movies featuring ourselves.

I liked the cheap-looking make-up in the Fantomas vid too. The whole thing worked on a lot of levels.

I'd forgotten that Patton worked with Kool Keith, etc as well as Zorn. I do admire his willingness to mix it even tho it don't always quite work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home