KID SHIRT

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

DOPPELKEK

...And, already, rumours are starting to circulate the internet that I might not be the real Kek.

That I am an imposter, a Cuckoo-Kek; a Simulacrumkek, an analogue...that I (but -wait! - who am "I"? Am I me or am I someone else? Am I the 'real' me or a false-me and unaware of it...or is this just some weird double- or triple-bluff? Am I a Bogus-Kek who's playing you like an invisible puppet-master? Passing my own replacement off as a joke.)...have I been duplicated, replicated or cloned by someone - something - else? What if this post is just part of a bigger cover-up - a smokescreen to hide some wider, more awful conspiracy.

Trust no-one. No-one is what they seem. Are you even certain that you're the person you thought you were? Check the mirror: are you sure that's you? Check your reflection again. Check it three times.

Get yourself fingerprinted. DNA-tested.

Cut yourself. Is that real blood? Is that...is that human blood?

Not a hoax or an imaginary story: over the coming days certain bloggers will disappear, while others will change...alter... in subtle ways that only their closest loved-ones can discern.

You have been warned: this is just the beginning.

You're not irreplacable.

4 Comments:

At 10:11 am, Blogger Martin said...

Er...well I was bemused by that post 3 entries down where I'm meant to have sent you a load of Swedish MP3s...

HAve you seen this? No offence, but it's my favourite 'Kek' of the week.

http://www.kek.jp/kek-news/vol7no1/

 
At 2:52 pm, Blogger jaysondensman said...

"If I was an imitation, a perfect imitation...how would you know it's me." ...Keith David (John Carpenter's 'The Thing')

 
At 9:36 pm, Blogger Dominic Zero said...

I have to say...way back in the late 70s I was pretty sure you weren't the Real Kek.

 
At 10:57 pm, Blogger kek-w said...

Appearently, Ade is now claiming that he's Kek. And that I (whoever 'I' am) am The Real Dean Gafney.

I'm going to deal with this Identity Crisis in the only way I know how: I will now (a) refer to myself in the third person, and/or (b) refer to myself in the past tense...

for example: John Carpenter's "The Thing" used to be one of Kek's favourite films.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home