KID SHIRT

Saturday, September 06, 2008

So I've changed the name of the blog for a few days while The 10cc Project rolls onwards...

Keep the 10cc Top-Tens coming, people! - post them and send me the URL or email them in thru the special 10cc Hot-Line:

kekw10cc@googlemail.com

Getting some interesting cool posts appearing. Already the remit is getting nice n smeary...people are including solo tracks and offshoot projects (and Hot Legs!), as well as some peripheral info and thoughts...I'll be assembling all the links and stuff for a post. Deadline is next saturday, but I'll be extending this if the project picks up momentum.

Already, some odd things are starting to happen to people participating in the 10cc Working: Geoff had a Kevin Godley Moment at the airport...and today I went into town to score some Godley & Creme vinyl from a charity shop and passed what appeared to be a Native American Techno Party. I shot some video of the procedings, but I stupidly/accidentally filmed it at a 90 degree angle - still, I might post it up anyway! At the charity-shop the woman that served me was a self-harmer whose wrists were criss-crossed by old scars, along with some fresh scratches and slice wounds. She seemed zonked on medication. She didn't seem to understand how money worked or much else. It was pretty fucking surreal.

I also upgraded my battered copy of "How dare You!"to a better, less noisy £2.99 vinyl version.

I ought to do a Godley and Creme Top Ten at some point. But I'm really hoping someone will wade in and do a Wax Top Ten.

6 Comments:

At 6:44 am, Blogger farmer glitch said...

Goddam Kek - you have turned the house here into a 10cc shrine all week - my list over at the FG blog...

 
At 9:00 am, Blogger kek-w said...

Great post, man!

 
At 9:53 am, Blogger Gutter said...

i only know one Wax tune...

ooooh oooooh oooooaaaaahhhh oooohhh
building a bridge to your
HEEEAAAARRRTTTTT

speaking of which, when's the Andrew Gold revival due..?

Let's make neanderthal luv

 
At 10:52 am, Blogger kek-w said...

See: above.

"Let's make neanderthal luv" - that's either gonna be my chat-up line or the title of a new IBS track; I'm not sure which.

 
At 2:32 pm, Blogger Gutter said...

btw, just remembered that i do actually have a couple of 10cc records - 'Bloody Tourists' and 'Live & let Live (live)'. they're my mum's records which i rescued from the skip when she was having a clear-out a while ago, but never got around to listening to. probably a bit past 10cc's prime, but will have a listen tonight...

 
At 4:12 pm, Blogger kek-w said...

Haven't got either, but I was talking to fellow Yeovil 10cc Obsessive Dr. Gracey a week or two ago about these...he reckons "Live and Let Live" is pretty good, with the 6-piece line-up rocking out...and "Bloody Tourists" is patchy, with a couple of good tracks (tho not as good as "Deceptive Bends" the previous Gouldman and Stewart offering).

Sounds like both are well worth a listen - there's bound to be some hidden gem on offer somewhere or other...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home