KID SHIRT

Sunday, September 07, 2008

KEK = LOL LOL = KEK

For the duration of The 10cc Project instead of using the abbr "LOL" (Laugh Out Loud) to denote my amusement in a post or email, I shall be saying "CREME!" instead. It's only right, proper and respectful that I do.

Weirdly, I just found this association between the internet term LOL and my own name:

"Kek — Cross-faction rendering of "lol" in the MMORPG World of Warcraft. Though most words are not translated directly across factions, "lol" is always faithfully rendered as "kek". When a member of the Horde says the word "lol", nearby members of the Alliance see the word as "kek". "Kek" is derived from the Korean word kekeke, which is used to express laughter."

And both are palindromes. Creme!

5 Comments:

At 6:34 pm, Blogger farmer glitch said...

Hey man - you nicked the gizmo-geetar pic that I nicked - yah goddam knicker !!

 
At 6:46 pm, Blogger kek-w said...

Nah - complete coincidence - creme! I'd been playing with pictures of Lol Creme (and one of the whole band in the studio), but couldn't get them to fit on the mast-head in any sort of sensible way (my HTML chops aren't that great); then came across that one...and it matched the coffee n creme coloured font that I used already (tho it seems to be green if you look at it on Firefox, which I just did on the laptop)

I put it up late last night before I went to bed. Saw your comment this morning and checked out yr post - and: weirdly the same picture!

I think we're both just coincidentally fascinated about the Gizmo. I was Googling on it last week (along with Consequences), trying to find out more about it and see if there were any around second-hand. I've never seen one in the flesh, so to speak.

I nearly put the cover to Consequences up too; also the same one you used. We're just sad old 70s rock fans...

 
At 3:15 pm, Blogger farmer glitch said...

The gizmo rocks for sure - did actually see one once back in the 70s - never had the guts to try it out - muso shop in Shaftsbury Avenue full of metal heads sort of put me off - would also love to score on somehow now though !

I think rather that being sad old 70s rock fans - we are more simply - just plain sad !!!

 
At 6:17 pm, Blogger farmer glitch said...

Here's one for yah - stuck a link on me blog post - direct one here - original Gizmo demo record circa 75 .. check it out - bit of a proggy-freak-out-jam at the end you might dig ::

http://www.stephenives.co.uk/Audio/gizmodemo.mp3

 
At 7:02 pm, Blogger kek-w said...

Wow - that's really great. Cheers for that, man.

There's repetitive crackle on it - which raises the spectre of a Gizmotron vinyl demo-record/single being out there somewhere. If anyone knows more about this, please mail in...

According to the 10cc fan-page a Gizmotron sold on eBay back in the spring for £94 - I think that was bumped up by the website bringing attention to it, so it may have been bidded up for more than it would have otherwise gone for...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home