KID SHIRT

Saturday, September 13, 2008




I got an anonymous email last night, asking if I might not be suffering from a Messiah Complex. This was mentioned to me a few years back when I first mooted the idea of my own Arbitrary Jewishness, so not entirely a new concept to me. I feel I should be worried about this in some way, but I'm not. Isn't that a sign of megalomania itself?

Anyway, the mailer suggested that my adoption (via a beard) of Kevin Godley as an Alter-Ego was probably based on some deep-rooted psychological insecurity (Sure, I've got a bunch of those - which one were you specifically thinking of?).

Godley = God, he pointed out. It was blindingly obviously to him that I was setting myself up as some all-powerful Blogging Father Figure. An over-compensation for flaws in my own inner psyche. Hmmm: sounds fairly plausible. Creme - gizmo - creme!

Actually, this theme sounds familiar, so I suspect one of my more, er, Psychologically-minded pals prob. came up with this one.

Freud - the father of mother-fixated psychoanalysis - was Jewish, wasn't he?

3 Comments:

At 8:08 pm, Blogger doppelganger said...

heh.... not me guv, honest.... though admittedly my M.O.

Of course he was Jewish... all the way through.... Though it's a key element of the Kek-W persona, I'm not sure, technically, that it's possible to be 1/64 Jewish... in the same way you can't be half-dead, or slightly dislike Van Morrison...

On the father figure front: as a grammar school lad, I distinctly recall my old headmaster standing at the lectern in assembly and reminding us: 'You boys are the cream of the borough...'

 
At 8:33 pm, Blogger kek-w said...

"I'm not sure, technically, that it's possible to be 1/64 Jewish... in the same way you can't be half-dead, or slightly dislike Van Morrison..." Good point.

But do I like the arbitrariness of the ratio. I like scales, spectra, continua, ratios, etc. Borderline autistic on top of everything else.

Ah, so you were a Grammar School boy too.

 
At 7:47 am, Blogger doppelganger said...

oh I was definitely only a half-hearted grammar school boy....(or even 1/64th)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home