KID SHIRT

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

CONSEQUENCES

So I go and see my accupuncturist yesterday and he says: "So, how's it going? Any improvement?"

"Well, yes and no," I say.

"How are you sleeping?"

"Not great, really. When I do sleep fairly well, it's really weird. I shut my eyes and maybe only wake up a couple times in the night. It's like you shut your eyes, then wake up and then it's morning and it's light outside. I'm not used to that. Sometimes I think, 'God, is that how other people sleep?' (laughs) I feel sort of...cheated. Like that time's been stolen from me."

He chuckles and slaps me on the shoulder, amiably. "You're too greedy for life, my friend! Any unusual symptoms in the last week or so?"

"Not really. Though I have been listening to an awful lot of 10cc recently..."

We both laugh. "Well, I'm not sure if that's something I can treat you for. Or if you'd even want me too."

"Well, actually," I tell him, sheepishly, "I was hoping you could accelerate it..."


This morning I woke up and found that I was turning into Kevin Godley.



It was a strange Kafka-esque (Kafkean?) metamorphosis. Almost inevitable in some ways, I suppose.

Still, I always assumed that if I was going to start resembling a member of 10cc it would be Lol Creme. I'd always assumed - wrongly, it appears now - that I was closer to a Creme Archetype. Oddly - and no disrespect to the others - I feel the most affinity to Kevin Godley - though not sure why; I don't even know him, so I'd need to think about the reasons in a bit more detail - so, perhaps that explains my sudden partial transformation. If I was allowed to interview one ex-member of 10cc - and one only - it would be Kevin. But any or all of them would be good.

The beard will remain in place now until the end of The 10cc Project.

The falsetto and the strange compulsion to continually drum is another matter altogether.

5 Comments:

At 10:54 pm, Blogger Gutter said...

i wonder if you'll start to develop Kev's nervous tick...?

apparently it caused all sorts of trouble when they were trying to shoot the video for 'Cry'.

creme!!

 
At 1:34 am, Blogger Tim Footman said...

You never see Kevin Godley and Peter Hook in the same room together.

Just saying, is all.

 
At 7:02 am, Blogger farmer glitch said...

Man could be worst - you could be growing rotating motors and finding yourself strapped to bridges !

creme-gizmo-creme..

 
At 8:54 am, Blogger kek-w said...

I've got some tics fer sure.

Apparently, Godders and Hooky have a time-share on the same beard. I've seen some photos of Kevin sans beard. presumably, Hooky was touring on those dates.

"creme-gizmo-creme" - I'm thinking of adopting that phrase as the equivalent of LMAO (Laughed My Ass Off).

 
At 11:20 pm, Blogger Pete Um said...

LMAO and the laughed the fucker back on again!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home