KID SHIRT

Friday, July 11, 2008

Stumbled on a crime-scene yesterday; the police had taped-off a section of a road, so had to find a way round on me bike. This is quite surreal in Yeovil as there are only two houses - so were they busting Mr. Walker, or his estranged wife Mrs. Walker, who lives in the cottage next door?

A couple of bored-looking coppers and some people in CSI paper decontamination-suits were wondering around. Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera. I expressed my irritation at this fact and a copper who was probably younger than the pimples on my nose said (in broad somerset pseudo-"Hot Fuzz" voice: "Ahr, you're not missing much, mate. It's not exactly Rock n Roll..."

"Not exactly Rock n Roll?" Crime compared to a genre of music??? Since when did beat-coppers become musical comparisonotologists? Beat coppers...lol...see what I did there? Oh, okay...

So maybe I stumbled on YPD's annual summer pantomine or carnival where they take to the streets in paper suits armed w/ yellow-tape and re-enact a crime investigation.

Ah, fuck it: I'm out of here for a couple days to get some sea air. See ya soon...

2 Comments:

At 4:08 pm, Blogger Gutter said...

off to the seaside? have a nice rest kek, you deserve it (hope the weather holds out for you). personally i'm really enjoyng this work-avoidance thing i got going right now.

 
At 10:11 am, Blogger kek-w said...

Cheers, Nick. My wife's completely horrified to find out that I've discovered some local internet access (tho at £175 per 30 seconds - I won't be doing much more than checking my emails)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home