KID SHIRT

Sunday, May 18, 2008

ICE BIRD SPIRAL HIT THE POOP-DECK

Ice Bird Spiral will be playing The Thekla, Bristol, (which, for those of you who've never been there, is an old ship moored on the quayside) on Sunday, 8th June, as part of the excellent annual Venn Festival.

I don't know all the details yet (tho I'll post 'em when we do), but it's an after-lunch show and I think we'll be playing as part of the "Spend the Afternoon with Sunburned" event wh/ runs from 3-6 pm...while the mighty Sunburned Hand of The Man will be rounding the day's festivities off with a late evening show. Expect much, er, muchness.



The Venn Fest. boasts an extremely cool and diverse line-up over three days - as well as Sunburned, our old pal producer/DJ/Punch Drunk Records honcho Peverelist will be playing a special festival set at The Tunnel, Bristol, on the previous saturday night alongside Minimal/Dub-Techno legend Moritz Von Oswald. I expect Nick Gutta'll be peeing himself w/ excitement over that one lol.

Which kinda reminds me: there's a new dub-wise single imminent on Punch Drunk from RSD (aka Rob from Smith & Mighty) and one of the sides - "SpeekaBox" - has been pretty much on repeat-play round our house for the last couple weeks...

Oh, and the new Soul Jazz Records' "Steppa's Delight" Dubstep comp. features the excellent "Shade Darker" by Gatekeeper & Grilza, a tune that I mentioned on this blog a couple months back. Kode 9's seminal "9 Samurai" is also on board, along with Peverelist's "Roll with the Punches" which has prob. sold out on twelve, tho Rooted might still have some copies if you ask nicely...

8 Comments:

At 10:39 pm, Blogger Dan said...

Ah, fuck, you've just reminded me what I'm passing up - I committed myself to going to the Supersonic Festival instead of Venn (all my holiday had to be booked before the end of March), and I'm starting to regret it...

 
At 10:55 pm, Blogger doppelganger said...

I'm in.... I'll bring me deckchair...
Damn... I'll probably bring me kids...



My birthday weekend too...

 
At 3:47 pm, Blogger farmer glitch said...

down the front - I'll have some snacks and bring a picnic table ... - oh yeah and more kids !!

 
At 5:27 pm, Blogger Cloudboy said...

i could be wrong but i think the thekla is a 18 over venue?

 
At 5:10 pm, Blogger farmer glitch said...

years of months ??

 
At 7:15 pm, Blogger kek-w said...

LOL!

It'll be good to see you all....

Just send yr kids off to see Philip Jeck or something lol

Still, Ice Bird Spiral take no responsibility for any nightmares, sleep disturbances or instances of bed-wetting....

...or for upsetting yr kids lol.

 
At 7:17 pm, Blogger kek-w said...

Oh, Dan - I was thinking of going to Supersonic - I went last year and it was ace.

Glitch - if you do end up driving - lemme know...a lift would be soooo much easier than lugging that $^&&ing mixer on the train and across Bristol...tho Load-in is at 1:00pm....I could prob. get you in as my kazoo roadie or something...

 
At 7:10 am, Blogger farmer glitch said...

kazzo roadie sounds good ... although my back ain't all it used to be !!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home