KID SHIRT

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

COMPRA MI DISCO

Big up my Spanish pal and fellow Dischange dude Lazare! Laz is a triffik writer and artist, but he's also been running his own series of radio broadcasts hosted by EUB-rĂ dio, which you can check out here.

He says: "It's a long time now since I started this series of radio shows (though we've done so few of them); amateur stuff you know, but lately I've been thinking of getting a bit more public about it 'cos they're good shows I think, so why not try to get an audience...the shows are in Spanish, so maybe there'll be people who won't get my comments, but still they can listen to the music."

There's a supplimentary blog here...

'Course there's a zillion things on the internet all competing for our attention, but, hey! I like the spread of stuff that Lazere plays - it's a nice genre-eclectic mix of stuff (that I reckon should appeal to folks who read this blog, but are less keen on some of the more far-out, scuzzy, lo-fi stuff I'm repping) - and, strangely, I actually like the fact that it's a Spanish-language broadcast and my Spanish is pretty much non-existent - it adds something to my enjoyment: a bit like when I was a kid flicking thru the frequencies and picking up distant fuzzy stations playing Arabic music or the news in French - that sort of 'otherness' you get from stumbling on something, but you're not entirely sure what it is...'course the world is a smaller place these days, but radio (digital or otherwise) can still occasionally invoke that sense of mystery...

Plus: Lazare's approach is kinda chilled, I think: which makes for a relaxing listen...annnnd he's a total dude, so I hope you support his totally cool and unselfconscious efforts, cos that's what we do on Kid Shirt...

Lovin' those Giacinto Scelsi and Muhal Richard Abrams joints right now...my kinda shit.

1 Comments:

At 4:35 pm, Blogger Evaristo said...

you make me blush, Kek... thanks a lot for the support.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home