KID SHIRT

Saturday, April 12, 2008

CELTIC FROST SPLIT!

Sad to hear that Celtic Frost have just split, citing the main factor as: "severe erosion of the personal basis."

Huh? Sounds kinda geological, don't it? Given their name, "Glaciation" might work pretty well as a reason too. Maybe they should employ me to maintain their website or something.

I quite like the idea of using geological terms to describe rock-band dynamics. A bag of cold cod-and-chips to any readers who can think up some suitably 'witty' ones.

(Presses ear to conch-shell and sits there for several weeks, hearing nothing but the sea...grows beard, gets hungry and goes home...)

4 Comments:

At 3:51 pm, Blogger Dan said...

It's already been done, in many cases - Sunn O))) and Earth are just yr average tectonic movements involved in continental drift. You'd have to pick a diff. kind of band to come up with something interesting: Burmese, for example, are more like the San Andreas fault crushing all ways at once.

 
At 5:02 pm, Blogger kek-w said...

Oh yeah, been done loads of times - in fact I wrote a (as yet unpublished) piece a few weeks ago about Sunn o))), etc using a couple geological terms....

but I was talking as much here about (sorry) the band's interpersonal releationships and dynamics, rather than their sound....but I'm open to all suggestions...

"are more like the San Andreas fault crushing all ways at once" Isn't there a term for the long-term compression of mud (creating shale, I guess?)...dunno, I'm not a geologist, tho once flirted with it. I once met a Creationist Geologist - that was fun I can tell ya...

 
At 12:44 pm, Blogger Martin said...

Eventually, the fertile albeit overworked soil of our relationship with Earache Records couldn't withstand the build-up of silt

 
At 7:49 pm, Blogger kek-w said...

"Silt" - LOL!

That's what I'm talkin' about!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home