KID SHIRT

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

MY AUTUMN'S DONE COME

"I didn't do much of anything I didn't want to do."

LEE HAZLEWOOD:
9 July 1929 - 4 August 2007


Kiss all the pretty ones goodbye
Give everyone a penny that cry
You can throw all my tranquil' pills away
Let my blood pressure go on its way
For my autumn's done come
My autumn's done come.






(A couple of my favourite Lee songs from the film/album "Cowboy in Sweden." Every home should own a copy. Fittingly, I think his ashes have been scattered over Gotland, a beautiful Swedish island where he lived and worked in the 70s.)



Sorry, but I seem to have something in my eye.

'Nuff said.

1 Comments:

At 5:52 pm, Blogger St. Anthony said...

Lethal Lee - what a dude.
Always had a sense of grace ... he'll will be missed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home