KID SHIRT

Sunday, June 03, 2007

SAY NO TO JAZZ

Last night was a total blast. Geitevuyst were fucking awesome.



Many thanks to the Goat boys for coming down and playing for us. Helvette, Edgar and Carl are quite possibly the nicest guys on the planet, sonic ambassadors and an absolute credit to their nation. They crashed at El Rancho Shirto after we went on a drunken after-show rampage thru the flesh-pots of downtown Yeovil. I was chuffed to hear that the "Twinned With..." sign was still sellotaped in place when they drove thru Yeovil City Limits ("Twenny-fiiiive is the speed limit!" Cue wah-wah guitars...) yesterday lunch-time.

Thanks are also due to my fellow Retardians, for putting a band together in a week and for making the practising such fun. Yesterday, we filled John's Rehersal Bunker with so much smoke from a smoke-machine that we were physically unable to see each other thru the fumes. I took some photos of the rehersal-room fog, which I'll post in due course. Thanks to John for use of his practice-space and for lugging and driving people n gear around. Special thanks must go to Flinty for sorting out venue, PA, etc...and for his live sound tweakage. He's a total organisational whizzz-kid.



I enjoyed playing and I really enjoyed all the bands, but in totally different ways. It was one of those nights that people will be talking about in the pub for months to come. The evening spiralled down into warm, fuzzy chaos and I didn't want it to end. But what felt reaaaally great was the fact that we did it ourselves, for ourselves. Watching Geitevuyst play in the dark, with washes of noise breaking over me, it really did feel for a few minutes as if Yeovil had somehow, incredibly, temporarily managed to jack itself into the international alt.noise circuit.



More about the music later (possibly also posting some videos at some point). But me really tired and wanna go to bed now.

13 Comments:

At 10:58 pm, Blogger CyrusDaVirus said...

Wot a stonking night! Big up for the Goat boys, great show!
...and Retardis, wot more can I say! ACE!

Anyway, vid just being finalised as I type, this will be up to Mr Shirt on how he distributes it,
If all else fails I can host vid in a D/L friendly size junks....

Cyrus Da Vyrus

 
At 11:07 pm, Blogger kek-w said...

...and thanks to you for coming up from the Big Ex w/ that new fangled moving-picture box of yours...

 
At 11:22 pm, Blogger doppelganger said...

Lookin' forward to the vids - glad the goaty thing went well...

Sorry again for not making it...

This Lord Coward thing is lookin' good too... I've got some mixing software for something else I got on the boil (something really tedious mind) - so who knows?

I'm supposed to be marking 300 exam papers, so lets see if it's still got any legs in a month or so... obviously if this Lord Coward persona has any kind of visual angle that'd be of interest to me .... maybe I could chip in on the back cover of the Cd or summat... whatever, Kek as per usual breathes life into a corner of the blogosphere that hasn't compared itself to The Defenders for many a year....

Come up to Subloaded! (Loki'll babysit I'm sure...):-)

 
At 7:29 pm, Blogger the X said...

"Helvete"?? ...that means "hell" in nor***ian!! ...lol!

 
At 9:06 pm, Blogger kek-w said...

"that means "hell"..."

I kinda thought it might be something along those lines! Actually, you'd be hard-pushed to meet a nicer bunch of guys.

Dopps - yr more than welcome to have a crack at rmxing. In fact, I would wholeheartedly encourage it.
I wonder if the Loki/Saxon/Kemper Norton MPD meme-cluster might have a crack at it at some point?

I misread yr comment first and thought you were hinting you might write a fake psychological profile of Lord Depth/The Coward (obv. some Freudian neural white noise static goin' on there on my part) as sleeve notes. Then I realised you meant some art. LOL!

Well, here's an idea: seeing as yr snowed in w/ day-job...what about getting Doppelkid to design the character or do the front-cover art or something (the usual fee of Doc Who stickers or Hot Wheels cars would be available)...and you then do a ditty based on his design? So one of you could do front; the other the back...I'll photoshop it and do some typography....my itention had just been to do a random abstract-art cover; perhaps scan one of my paintings or something. But I like the idea of some Lord Coward art loads better (plus getting some other people involved, providing it doesn't impinge on their already over-busy lives)

Anyway, this is all contingent on there being enough remixes to merit a CD...like you said, perhaps we'll wait a month or so and see how it goes...I'd like to feature just one remix per person tho, otherwise it feels like cheating, plus I'd like to get a wide spread of dif. approaches...

I do like yr neologism/concatenation of "Lord Coward"...it's almost an oxymoron...he sounds both stately and chickenshit at the same time! Yeah, so what would his visual attributes be: well, I think his 'costume'/attire would logically be yellow....maybe yellows and orange...he sounds very stately/pompous....I think he's got a throne, a mobile one (!) decorated in jewels and bling, that moves around on wheels or spider-legs. There's a sort of disco-ball hanging above him, either suspended by a wire frame from the back of the chair (like the lure of an angler-fish) or maybe it just floats above him, like a flying robotic drone. Perhaps his throne hovers or flies...costume is garish; maybe a fur trim...uh, possibly a crown, with drop-down sunglasses...it's all pretty lurid....

If this becomes reality, then I might write a short Lord Depth Vs The Coward story/script and include it in the package. Maybe put the CD in a DVD box, so I can fit the story/an insert in there, along with URLs of everyone's blogs, etc...well, we'll see what happens...best not get too carried away...

Oh, PS - it was really sweet of you and Loki to even consider coming all the way down to Yeovil for what was basically a drunkenly avant-garde Yoof-Club noise party...

 
At 11:10 pm, Blogger doppelganger said...

Best not to get too carried away!?!
We are on a bloody roll mate... that guy sounds cool - I'm on it.....

 
At 11:12 pm, Blogger doppelganger said...

Though there's a hint of Lord Jagged of Canaria in there aint there?

 
At 11:17 pm, Blogger kek-w said...

LOL! I hadn't comsidered that!

Sounds like a bit of a disco dandy!
Puffed-up gizmo-fixated pseudo-royalty w/ a cowardly-custard yellow streak...

 
At 11:23 pm, Blogger kek-w said...

Canaria = canary yellow? LOL!

Cadmium yellow...chrome...mustard seeds...high-speed sedan chair chases...a chick side-kick in knickerbockers with a chrome crossbow...chicks in Georgian wigs...dandys smoking tobacco in clay-pipes...1730 style coffee-shops but with early 1970s spun-dried Biba Glam graphics...enormous gilded gold mirrors that act as gateways to pocket-universes...sentient brothels....

hmmm: I feel a short story coming on.

 
At 7:21 pm, Blogger CyrusDaVirus said...

Here's the first of the vids.
Apologies for the quality, best I can do with the source.

http://files-upload.com/276952/01-arseslab.avi.html

 
At 7:49 pm, Blogger CyrusDaVirus said...

And here's the 2nd...

http://files-upload.com/277003/02-ReTardis.avi.html

 
At 8:02 pm, Blogger CyrusDaVirus said...

And the 3rd.....

http://files-upload.com/277043/08-Goatfist.avi.html

 
At 12:20 am, Blogger CyrusDaVirus said...

4th......

http://files-upload.com/277159/10-SSClub7.avi.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home