KID SHIRT

Thursday, June 21, 2007

MORE MOTH KIDS

Oh! And here, too!

...and, um, here too. Scary!

Apparently, there's an 'official' Mothman site here, which links to a *gasp* Mothman Museum. I've mentioned before that I'm totally into the whole Mothman mythos (those of ya not familiar with this, check Wikipedia for the full skinny, or buy one of John Keel's books), as is my ol' pal Shaky Kane. Here's some unused reference artwork of his that I just dug out from years back....



...tho strangely digitally stretched-to-fit in places - from the scribbled pencil side-notes on this (he's telling me to add some script stuff, like Kirby's notes to Lee on his artwork) it seems like we were going to collaborate on some sort of Mothman strip which obv. never got off the ground. I have absolutely no recollection of what it might have been - it certainly isn't the one-off Mothman thing he scripted for 2000AD which I typed up for him. I'll prob. find some notes or a half-finished script for this in a trunk in the attic one day...

2 Comments:

At 5:35 am, Blogger Stinky Jim said...

to keep the ball rolling... did a song a few years ago called mothman skank, it was curiously released under two names Soundproof and then Phase 5 as a name change was required in the interim. it's unfeasibly long, bassy and repetitive, yet i'm strangely very proud of it. can send on if you like, you probably won't be into it but at least you'll have heard.
enjoy the blog very much btw

cheers

jim

 
At 7:36 am, Blogger St. Anthony said...

It's all gone mothtastic.
There's a Mothman museum? Excellent.
One of my favourite old horror films is The Blood Beast Terror ... Hammer at its ropey best.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home