KID SHIRT

Saturday, June 16, 2007

TOKEN JULIETTE LEWIS POST




"Hollywood Star Juliette Lewis in Yeovil - it's unbelievable!" LOL! God, we're soooo star-struck down here...even the Wurzels get backstage blowjobs.

Farmer Glitch and I had a laff about this a couple weeks ago. Actually, I like to think this is the Yeovil Ski Lodge's response to us putting on Geitevuyst - they're obv. running scared and have upped the ante by promoting international acts of their own. I shall probably retaliate by putting on Amon Duul 2 at the Liberal Club...

Strangely, I don't mind Juliette Lewis - she's the only person I've seen take on those insufferable pricks on Popworld and win without losing her rag or getting puffed up, pompish or diva-like about it. Tho Chris thinks she might be a (boo! hiss!) Scientologist: they're trained to be impervious/non-reactive to insult, etc, so maybe that explains it. Either way, I prefer her lukewarm post-Huey Lewis brand of alt.AOR Rawk to the luminous stream of rank indie-piss known as Get cape. Wear Cape. Fly. If there was ever an argument for not banning napalm, chemical weapons, land-mines, etc then it's this smug little post-Jeff Buckley twerp. I fucking hate, hate, hate, hate, hate ,hate, hate, hate, HATE! him and his stinky saucerful of self-satisfied 'singer-songwriter' sputum...it's the bloody XFM generation's answer to Al Stewart. Actually, I'll take "Year of the cat" over this any day. The only difference between him and Blunt & Co. is that he's N.M.(ptui!) E. friendly. Rancid little dork. Janis Ian w/ a shrivelled dick. What's the matter w/ kids today, huh? If you go to his MySpace site (but get vaccinated first, tho!) you can play "I Spy" on his MySpace music-player at the same time as you play the live YouTube vid of the same track...the two go in and out of time with each other w/ hilarious results. The gtr/voice are slighty out of tune with each other on the two versions (I guess he's singing slightly flat on the live version), so the resulting fusion sounds like some sort of solvent-abuse nightmare, or a PTV live album from the mid-80s. I would like to start a campaign to send him disheartening messages ("You sing flat, pal!" "Do you know any other chords? That one's getting a bit tired." etc) thru the MySpace email system, but I suspect they'll only be read by the poor, underpaid sap who runs his site for him.

Oh, and did I say how much I hate the way he nods his head when he sings? Like, deeeeep, man.

This needs to be stamped out immediately before it poisons our children.

Still, Streetlight Manifesto sound interesting.

12 Comments:

At 11:15 pm, Blogger Cloudboy said...

oh, you can add mr gray to the list - boy his head's like one of those plastic dogs you find in the back of cars...

 
At 1:23 pm, Blogger doppelganger said...

I've seen that Juliette Lewis and her band... wasn't terrible....

You gonna go?

 
At 2:41 pm, Blogger kek-w said...

The Farmer expressed a vague interest...I'm not fussed, but I might go if he did...also depends on whether wife's working...

She does intrigue me slightly. She was a bit of a wild child at one point - drug issues and so forth.

 
At 5:33 pm, Blogger Loki said...

i love her... preferred the pop-eyed uber slut trey-law trashed version circa 1990 obv. but still... the music's pretty poor but that's not why people go is it?

 
At 8:15 pm, Blogger Dominic Zero said...

You get Juliette Lewis...down here we get Vice Squad...yep, they're still going.

 
At 8:41 pm, Blogger kek-w said...

Cool! We once supported Vice Squad on the old Weston Super Mere pier...

 
At 9:18 pm, Blogger Dominic Zero said...

I remember...I missed it 'cause I was playing some pond-life filled shithole in Bridport with Away From Skaro.

 
At 10:56 pm, Blogger kek-w said...

LOL! Was that the Bull Hotel?

 
At 7:18 am, Blogger farmer glitch said...

Yep - we should def do this one just for the letch factor - personally also think her band lacks for sure - but as Loki points out - who cares about that !!!

Supporting Vice Squad hey - always sort of had a soft spot for tht there ms. Bondage - can't believe they can possibly still be going though.... that has got to be woth a trip Dom ...

 
At 8:44 am, Blogger kek-w said...

We blew up the PA - blew one of the speakers by jacking a drum-machine or synth or something direct into the PA, and the sound-guy had a head-fit at us and tried to throw us off stage mid-set, there was a bit of a scuffle, I seem to remember...it got worse, later on, on the way home, we found some of our gear was missing - the bloke had pinched stuff, foot-pedals, etc, presumably in revenge for blowing speaker, but it was too late to do anything about it by then...

Becki B came over as a bit of a weekend punk (weren't we all!) - I think she worked in Bristol or Nailsea in the DHSS or council, I forget which - the band were nice enough, but the sound-guy was an arsehole...can't believe they're still going...

 
At 11:18 am, Blogger doppelganger said...

"but it was too late to do anything about it by then.."

Shit, that wasn't the way we did it back in Essex.... there'd be pubs he couldn't go to 'cos half my brother's mates'd still be looking out for him to this day....

 
At 11:17 pm, Blogger kek-w said...

Actually, our bass-player damaged his hand punching the wall LOL!

Unfortunately, we had no idea who the sound-man was...no internet back then, so you couldn't email Vice Squad to make enquiries, LOL!

I'm happy, however, to pursue a blood-vendetta against this nameless sound-engineer, who ever he was...

I will not sleep or eat until my old band's honour is restored, etc! Who will aid me in my quest? I call upon my fellow blogging blood-brothers to hunt down this vermin...a soveriegn to the man who brings me his ear, etc..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home