KID SHIRT

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

KOMPLEKSI: "SARA PAIN"

I've mentioned Finnish electronic-group Kompleksi before. The band recently got in touch, so hopefully more info on them to follow, but, in the meantime, check out their strangely melancholic travelogue-themed vid for "Sara Pain":



"She was a skinny girl with a shirt and tie. Her name was Sara Pain. Her name was Sara Pain. Her name was Sara Pain. Sara Pain. Sara Pain."

The footage and edits remind me of the sort of homemade promos that Cabaret Voltaire used to put out on Doublevision many moons back. Trust me, the track's a real grower.

2 Comments:

At 2:49 pm, Blogger El Duderino said...

I wasn't sure about this when it started, but by the end of the track I loved it.

 
At 6:56 pm, Blogger kek-w said...

Yeah, it's hypnotic, yet poignant...I like the way that the different elements to the song are almost at odds with each other, yet somehow work.

Backing track sounds like Robert Rental/early Thomas Leer/Vice Versa etc with vocals by Crocus Behemoth circa 2nd/3rd Pere Ubu album...

Check out their "Moscow 1980" single...they're a cool group...more data to follow...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home