KID SHIRT

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

CREEPY #32



"Bonus Books 104 Middle Street, Yeovil": ah, fuck, it makes me wanna weep, just thinking about it. 5p, I paid for this. Okay, it's a bit tatty, but it's mine and you're not having it!

Still, this is the ish of Creepy that contains "Rock God"...story by Harlan Ellison, art by Neal Adams (back when he was really great) and cover by Frazetta. Nuff said!

(Click on the picture to check the texture and richness of Fraz's art...you can almost smell the cover...actually, I'm smelling it now and it smells good...)

4 Comments:

At 6:52 pm, Blogger El Duderino said...

Bonus Books! Man, that place was almost totally responsible for you me and Dom's early cultural education. I still think they should put a plaque up where it was.

 
At 9:09 pm, Blogger kek-w said...

Yeah, Bonus Books was a fucking cultural touchstone in my life...a grotto packed w/ goodies...I still think about it a lot...I'll take a photo of the old premises sometime and post it on the blog...it was a greasy spoon cafe for a while back in the 90s...then possibly a Thai restaurant for a while...I'm not sure what it is at the moment...possibly a Chinese takeaway, but I'll put up a photo at some point...

 
At 10:41 pm, Blogger Dominic Zero said...

Bonus Books...I owe my entire personality to that place.

 
At 1:31 pm, Blogger rocket ron said...

Kek. Have you mananged to capture any of yeovils stars on film. ie The badger, myself, any of the real stars of the town . I really need some pics . Im in yeo in april. will track you down[ butchers?], and we can discuss a trade. Call it an assignment. thank you
ps. I understand capturing these freaks in there natural. means putting yourself out, BUT ???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home