KID SHIRT

Saturday, December 16, 2006

A POX UPON THEE

Ah, well...t'would appear that I have Chicken Pox.

I've decided that this is the ideal Doom Metal disease, with the word 'pox' having medieval plague/plague Pit/Black Death connotations...open weeping sores, etc... so I've decided to wear my lesions with pride. I may even make a tattered black cloak and hood...and hang around our bathroom in a skull mask.

The only thing that seems to make me feel any better is long, hot soaks in the bath and watching Girls Aloud videos; preferably at the same time. I have special dispensation from my wife to switch off CeeBeebies and watch adult TV during the day... something that's not happened in our household for years. But daytime TV is crap now; no old westerns, b-movie noir or war-films anymore, just endless reruns of "Friends", and when you find yourself laughing at "Friends" then you know you're in a bad place.

Apparently, I'm to be quarantined; my doctor doesn't even want me in his surgery in case I turn into a modern-day Typhoid Mary.





Humour me: on the surface this may just appear to be gratuitous cheesecake (despite the exagerated, awkward poses), but it really is helping me on so many different levels, right now. Future advances in medical technology will no doubt prove me right.



Still, that video for "Something Kinda Ooooh" is pretty good; a definite return to form, I reckon.

12 Comments:

At 12:15 am, Blogger niwi said...

put some oatmeal in your bathwater; it helps.

 
At 7:04 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adult TV during the daytime?! I thought only endless reruns of 'Higgledy House' and 'Tikkabila' where on air...
Things are so bad I find myself watching some 'Murder She Wrote' episodes I've already seen two or three times.
I predict the good old medieval illnesses are going to make a sweeping comeback ... yes, there's nothin like a good old "a pox upon thee, sirrah".
The oatmeal in the bath, can you eat it afterwards?

 
At 9:53 am, Blogger kek-w said...

Oatmeal, eh?

My doctor told me to put salt in the bath...how sadistic's that.

 
At 11:12 am, Blogger GTTRBRKZ said...

You left it a bit late for the ol' chicken pox, eh? It's worse the older you get, so I hear. I got it when I was about 10. It was great, cos I got a week off school and, barring some minor discomfort, spent most of the time lying in bed reading Marvel comics whilst my mother waited on me like a fucking slave. Brilliant!

Any, get well soon matey - I'll be playing Silver Apples' "A Pox On You" later with a big grin on my face.

PS. Spotted some old issues of 'Analog' magazine in a book shop last week. Thought of you, etc...

 
At 6:40 pm, Blogger Loki said...

get well soon Kek...bugger to have it that late on... fucks all the Xmas photos up too eh? no one wants the guy looking like a layte-night TV Latino pockmarked hellbent cop in the pic along with all the kids smiley faces and the prezzies...

 
At 8:33 pm, Blogger kek-w said...

"layte-night TV Latino pockmarked hellbent cop..." Man, I gotta get that one on DVD.

On the plus side, I get to dress up as Santos, the undisputed King of Mexican Horror Wrestling. Or maybe Xantotl, Lord of the Undead Aztec Mummy Army (either roles are great for disguising unsightly facial blemishes). Haven't decided which team I'll be on yet. Me and Chris'll have to flip a coin. It's either that or Burton Bradstock on Boxing Day.

Hey, Nick - yeah, that sounds idylic. My mum used to let me listen to the Home Service on her radio, drink lucozade and read her copies of Reveille and Titbits. I still associate the hiss and crackle of analogue radio with a sense of comfort and being loved.

 
At 9:24 pm, Blogger doppelganger said...

Ahem.... I guess you've seen this....?

http://www.blueyonder.co.uk/blueyonder/getContent.do?page=1760901&group=wd_music

ermh.... get well soon man...

 
At 1:39 pm, Blogger farmer glitch said...

damn man - sorry to hear that - must be a karmic thang after the minehead bosh !!

 
At 2:25 pm, Blogger kek-w said...

Now that's what I call a slide-show! :-)

Yeah, for too much good music in one weekend for the humn body to stand...eyaaaaaaaargh!

 
At 4:55 pm, Blogger niwi said...

salt?? dear god, you've gotta stop going to dr. benway!

 
At 5:51 pm, Blogger Cloudboy said...

Looks like you've fallen foul of the evil Butlins fairy... Get well soon

 
At 7:05 pm, Blogger kek-w said...

At Butlins there was an enormous glassfibre sculpture of a headless magician that loomed over the main mall - I reckon it was him wot did it.

Actually, Dr. Benway wanted to rub smack in it. A concept that, at this moment, I wouldn't be adverse to! I never expected it to physically hurt this much....bring on the unbearable, uncontrollable itching phase. Now! Pleeeeease.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home