KID SHIRT

Sunday, December 31, 2006

HAPPY NEW BEAT NEW YEAR!

Fuckin' Hell! I got a Happy New Year e-card from Praga Khan aka Maurice Engelen (who I was lucky enuff to have interviewed earlier in the year - lovely guy!):



Yeah, I know, it's a promotional thing; but, fuckin' hell, man, it's Maurice Engelen...the King of New Beat: how cool's that.

It's like getting an email from Jesus or something...

Anyway, may I echo Maurice's sentiments:

"2007: may it call for a toast to happiness, good times and memories to cherish forever, open up new horizons, fill your heart with new joys, bring you good health and a healthy sense of humour amongst your friends and loved ones...

Love, peace and rock 'n roll!"

...and a big ditto to Aphra and the boys from Vluba, who just emailed me a Happy Noo Year all zee way from Argentina...Vluba are one of my fave groups of '06...I've got an interview in the bag w/ them from a few months back wh/ I really must post when I've got a second...their CDs have really been rocking my world this year, and, indeed, one of their albums found its way into a top ten I was asked to do for someone or other: FACT, I think...

Yea, so a healthy, happy, properous New Year to y'all, everyone o'ya...espesh to my regular visitors and to all the folks in my side-bars and the West Country Cru in particular (wh/ now includes Dom who's relocated to North Devon, and Skipper Webb who's decamped to Bristol)...and thanks to all the musicians, labels and artists who inspired me w/ their work and who gave up their precious time to talk to me over the last 12 months...and to the bloggers, editors and fellow writers who offered their support and encouragement: much appreciated! And to Cloudboy, who got me off me arse and doing some musical shit again: cheers...I couldn't wish for a better collaborator:

I hope Next Year will be a biggie for everyone o'y'all...may all yer dreams come true (except the dirty ones)...

7 Comments:

At 1:35 am, Blogger doppelganger said...

happy new year mate....

 
At 8:09 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All the best for the new year. I am hoping a few of my dirty dreams come true this year.

 
At 11:10 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ESPECIALLY the dirty ones...Happy NY to you and to Lindsay Lohan.

 
At 11:10 am, Blogger Betty said...

Happy new year - this has been one of the top reads for the past four years or so that I've had internet access.

Right, back off to sleep until 2008 now.

 
At 2:06 pm, Blogger El Duderino said...

Happy new one to all the Shirt clan.

 
At 1:23 pm, Blogger rocket ron said...

happy new year kek. keep rocking

 
At 2:53 pm, Blogger kek-w said...

...and to you all too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home