KID SHIRT

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

DIFFICULT SECOND ALBUM

"Perfume River" by The Amazing Cattle: Another collection of classic, unreleased material from the world's most sadly-neglected band...a coupla covers on this one, in amongst the original nuggets, incl. (a favourite of mine) "Do I Have To Do This All Over Again?" from "Head" by The Monkees (Peter Tork!) and a garage rock version of Kylie's "What Do I Have To Do?" Doc Savage fans will be pleased to spot John Sunlight playing keyboards.



It would be amiss of me not to mention "Hold My Hand Grenade", their first retrospective wh/ features some of my own personal faves: "I am The Tambourine", "Julie Christie" and "Long Ride Back"...still no sign of "The Canadian" yet, tho'. I may have to cover that myself, or maybe do a version of "I Need Somewhere To Melt Tonight".



Great to see the Void Jazz logo back in use again. Dom will prob. hate me for saying this, but I'm sure if you ask him nicely or send him an SAE or a blank cheque or something, I expect he'd sort you out for a copy of either of these. It would be great for some of this stuff to finally find a new lease of life thru the internet, years after they were recorded...anyway, if you're interested in checking this out, then contact him via his blog...

1 Comments:

At 10:07 am, Blogger Dominic Zero said...

Cheers for the promo Mr Shirt..and well spotted on the John Sunlight ref.
Not offended at all by your suggestion that people might want to obtain these albums...just drop in on Octopus 99 where you will be warmly welcomed..I'm more than happy to sell 1 or 2 if there's any interest.
Ah..'The Canadian'..brings back bitter/sweet memories of being in a 7 piece band that didn't rehearse enough..I am hoping to get some of the older stuff out there if I ever get it converted to cd.
Void Jazz lives on...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home