KID SHIRT

Thursday, September 07, 2006

ALL HUMMING NOW...

This made me think of this:



The 159 runs along it
Round the corner from Baker Street
There's a dolls house shop on the corner
Of Lisson Grove and
Rossmore Road
Rossmore Road

Turn left at the DHSS in Lisson Grove
You find yourself in Rossmore Road
And there's a number of public buildings
And a safety barrier down the middle of the road
In Rossmore Road
In Rossmore Road

In Rossmore Road
White and yellow lines and street signs
And public phones and traffic cones
And belisia beacons on the central reservation
All humming now, all humming now, all humming now

To the north
The Grand Canal
Round the corner
Regent's Park
Next stop on the tube
Marylebone Road
And you can see
Balcombe Street from Rossmore Road

The 159 runs along it
Round the corner from Baker Street
There's a dolls house shop on the corner
Of Lisson Grove and
Rossmore Road
Rossmore Road
Rossmore Road
Rossmore Road

In Rossmore Road
White and yellow lines and street signs
North of the river
South of the circular
Under the road
Above the railway
All humming now, all humming now, all humming now
All humming now, all humming now, all humming now
All humming now, all humming now, all humming now
All humming now, all humming now, all humming now
All humming now, all humming now, all humming now

8 Comments:

At 1:42 am, Blogger El Duderino said...

Have it myself. The B side is just as good.

 
At 1:44 am, Blogger El Duderino said...

And I cycle past it on the way to my gym.

 
At 2:37 pm, Blogger Betty said...

Yeah, they were both good songs. If I remember correctly, John Peel didn't like Rossmore Road but played Win A Night Out With A Well-Known Paranoiac to death.

(... a pub bore writes ...)

 
At 2:58 pm, Blogger kek-w said...

Betty, please don't apologise; this is exactly the sort of trivia I'm aiming for! Keep 'em coming...

I was hoping someone might mention Shreikback: the 2000AD connection via "Nemesis" and the fact that was the (prob.) the only pop song to ever use the word 'parthenogenesis'...sorry if I spel dat wrong bina long tim sinz i bin to skool....

 
At 8:42 am, Blogger Dominic Zero said...

Shreikback...'Fish Below The Ice'.
Ahhhh..

 
At 5:39 am, Blogger paddydownunder said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 5:40 am, Blogger paddydownunder said...

I do have this excellent single somewhere, I took it half-way around the world with me to Oz. Not trusting the shippers, I downloaded...sorry recorded the A-side to tape, that was 20 years ago. Last week I came across that tape and have been listening to it ever since! Must dig out the single - had forgotten just how good that B-side was! (Rossmore Road was my fave... along with Safety Pin Stuck in My Heart for You. Must see if I can get an MP3 version of that one (LOL)!

 
At 2:04 am, Blogger BelĂ­sia said...

Excuse me, you don't know me. It's just that, my name is Belisia and I was looking for clues about what this name means in the Net and I found your blog! This song of yours (is it actually yours, right?) has the word "belisia", and I'd be very greatful if you could tell me what it means!.. Thanks a lot, my e-mail is: belis_kikyo@yahoo.com.br

 

Post a Comment

<< Home