KID SHIRT

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

FALLEN

Farmer Glitch phoned earlier, reminding me that The Fall are playing Bristol next monday evening (20th) at the (ptui!) Carling Academy. Hopefully, some o'you Bristol bloggers might be in attendence, along w/ a smattering of Yeovilites...me and Tha Glitch are def. in the area, along w/ legendary Internet Nihilist Mr. Lea. Wonder what he'll set on fire, this time? Me, probably.

Rumours of band-member disgruntlement, instrument-throwing & petulent stage strops are currently doing the rounds, so is this incarnation of The Fall headed for the knacker's yard, I wonder? Didn't rate the last LP much, but this should make for an interesting show...

Also, fabulous Finnish rockers Circle are back in the UK, playing The Thekla, Bristol on July 16th. Yeah, I know it's a long way off, but I need to polish up my gimp-harness. I'll be reminding y'all again a bit nearer the time.

7 Comments:

At 12:15 pm, Blogger Cloudboy said...

looking forward to more circle action
... did you hear those looovely venn people have Cobra Killer booked up for a gig in early June?

 
At 12:27 pm, Anonymous Rob said...

Yay Circle! I'm happy to see that they're playing at the Thekla too. I've been suffering from Cube fatigue lately - I'm sure there used to be a wider pool of venues to choose from. That said, I can't argue with the Es/Islaja/Killa on the 26th or Prurient/Burning Star Core next month.

 
At 6:57 pm, Blogger kek-w said...

Yeah, it'll be nice to stand up an' see them...and smoke cigarettes and stuff.

Hopin' to make the Es/Islaja/Killa gig too, if you chaps are out and about.

Haven't seen this year's Venn line-up yet
(rumages around on Google...) *grumble* gotta join a mailing-list *grumble*....anyone know the full line-up yet...?

 
At 7:47 pm, Blogger Cloudboy said...

hiya Kid Shirt - the venn line-up
http://www.qujunktions.com/

 
At 7:48 pm, Blogger Cloudboy said...

Vashti Bunyan - Ariel Pink - Scion - Cobra Killer - Max Richter - The Chap - Volcano The Bear - Kode 9 - Robin Fox – The Asstroids - Chris Corsano - Vialka - Bass Clef – Tape - Crescent

 
At 7:55 pm, Blogger kek-w said...

Oh. My. God.

That's not a bad line-up, is it?

Ariel Pink, I missed last year. Def. wanna check that out. Like to see Vashti and Kode9 too...

I'll prob. only be able to make one nite, tho...

 
At 7:55 pm, Blogger kek-w said...

BTW: Thanks for the link.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home