KID SHIRT

Saturday, December 17, 2005

PIRATE METAL/PIRATE GOTH UPDATE

Pirate Goth fashions available here, or Caves of Yeovil.

Apparently, though, Yeovil's really great for clothes! Well, shiver me timbers, I didn't realise that.

"Contrary to 'popular' belief "Gone Potty" isn't for Satanists," says the Yeovil shopping reviewer. Phew, glad to hear it! For non-locals: "Gone Potty" is Yeovil's very own crystal/New Age/Gothware shop.

Pirate Metal forum here.



Dark Cove sound fantastic. Their press-puff says: "Dark Cove play West-country based Pirate Black Metal Mackeral Extreme, exclusively. Necro Shanties to awaken that ancient devil who sleeps in the depths. To hear them is to hate them!"

I particularly like the fact that they appear to have pinched the Westward TV logo.

Their bio reads: "Am soon to die, have heard ancient shanties. Mist outside, pirates cackle in the distance. Should never have sought, for should never have heard. Not much is known of members of Dark Cove crew. Government files on the Captain are restricted. No records of the other crew-members. In 1989, a strange skeleton was washed up on a Devon beach. Reports of a baboon with a rat for its face. Coves where no person goes. Locals affeared, there is great madness on the cliffs. Swarthy men creep through unlit villages at nightime..." (Sounds like Martock to me.) Gawd, that's really ace, but the syntax/spelling needs a bit of tightening up, me buckos. Still, reading that makes me feel strangely jealous: I really wish they'd asked me to write their copy; I could really get into character here, I feel. I'd so looove to be the #1 Pirate Metal copywriter...

They do need to buck up their wardrobe ideas, though. But, hey, what da fuck's this...the text says: "Photo of the late fisherman whose nets caught the unholy records off the South Devon coast."



"Muuuuuummmmmmeeeee! I'm scared! That funny man's looking at me..."

3 Comments:

At 3:11 am, Blogger Psychbloke said...

Hellfire girlytop!

Superb!

 
At 11:02 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

im sure i saw that guy at a blow up dollys gig in 1984.. my he looks well. is he from crewkerne ?

 
At 2:44 pm, Blogger kek-w said...

A no-prize to whoever can fully name all the members of The Blow-Up Dollys...

One for Flinty, possibly, who was probably less pissed than me in the 80's, or Dave Workman, who def. wasn't.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home