KID SHIRT

Friday, May 27, 2005

ENO'S CLARINET BOOK

See! I wasn't bullshitting, I really do own a copy of the same teach yrself clarinet book as Eno...

Proof:


I am currently migrating myself to Post-Karakovian Concept-Space (...er, you humans might refer to this as a, uh, "Garage extension"...) and found the clarinet book laying dusty and unloved behind a bookcase that I had just moved... er, I mean, reduced to a quantal probablilty-U/form...

Discovered some other stuff in and around the back of the tri-dee space formally occupied by the bookshelf...for example: a cassette by The Amazing Cattle:



How strange their music sounds to me now that I have no ears.

And this oddly-topical post-geek artifact:



A Typhoo Tea card from 1976 with some blutack blobs stuck to its rear. I wonder what it was once attached to? Apparently, this is a photographic representation of an alien life-form from Alpha Centauri...

How quaint.

And: so much dust down there in that post-bookcase vacancy...acres and acres of the bloody stuff: reduce yrself down smaller than Ant-man size and what would it look like, I wonder: beige-and-tan snow-drifts of polycolloidal matter that block the tangled jungle trails of the dense fibroid fauna which makes up an artificial Walter Wall/generic BnQ carpet rain-forest...tiny, crumpled-up scraps of paper jut out of the floorscape like gigantic post-glacial boulder-forms...a small-but-mangled Acorn Records sticky-label printed with "£4.99" would look like the Final Incomprehensible Command-Tablet of a forgotten pantheon of Meta-Gods to an inhabitant of my Post-Bookcase Universe...human hairs would be re-perceived as monstrous 100 mile-long horizonal Gaia-Snake megaliths... jaggedly-lethal particulate killer dust-orbs would drift on the lazy central-heating thermals of an alien micro-climate...while dust-mites the size of tank-fortresses prowl the foot-hills of seemingly-endless skirting-board mountain-ranges, their mouth-parts chattering and spraying a fog of digestive-enzymes as they hoover-up macro-molecular bacterial city-colonies...

6 Comments:

At 9:35 pm, Blogger GTTRBRKZ said...

Presumably the Alpha Centuareon was formally attached to the poster that you could send away for to display your cards on. I should know - I had that poster on my wall when I were a lad. Wish I still had it...fuck...seeing that card has bummed me out a bit.

 
At 8:52 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There was a poster !!!??? I never knew that...anyone got a link to it?

 
At 7:09 pm, Anonymous Bobby Spain said...

There are pic of some more of the cards at http://www.cuttingsarchive.org.uk/miscella/cuttings/typhoo/tycard2.htm

 
At 9:15 pm, Blogger GTTRBRKZ said...

oh my god, that website is awesome!! Check the old Weetabix cards there too - I've still got some of those somewhere. There's a pic of the cover of the book that Typhoo were selling (the Amazing World Of Dr. Who)and the poster was basically the same thing with some spaces at the bottom to stick your cards. Incidently, the book was actually a bit of a disappointment as it was basically just reprinted stories from the 1976 Dr.Who annual, as I recall.

 
At 9:19 pm, Blogger GTTRBRKZ said...

Shit! just noticed they've also got the Letraset transfers too! A portal just opened in my brain to a time 25 years into the past...freaky!

 
At 9:55 am, Blogger kek-w said...

Letraset!? Now you've started me off...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home