KID SHIRT

Thursday, April 14, 2005

FRIDAY THE FIFTEENTH PART 2

I love the fact that Nick is available to DJ at Exorcisms. This opens up a whole raft of possibilities. Next time I need an Exorcism though, I won't call Nick, 'cause The Devil has all the best tunes. Heh. (Wonder if he's got an i-POD yet...? Old Nick, I mean, not Young Nick...one with 666gig of memory..."Ah, bugger. Me vinyl keeps bloody melting", etc)



Personally, I can only play 1/64th of a Bar Mitzvah, which creates a number of logistical problems: UN Peacekeepers invariably get called in to referee my set, etc...with the guy who's playing the other 63/64ths of the party complaining that my last tune went 0.053 of a second over time. Still, the food's usually good.

I am, however, available to DJ at forest fires, lynchings, outbreaks of Foot & Mouth Disease, ram-raids, Ann Summers parties, libraries, cock-fights, abattoirs, flower-shops, operating theatres, tattoo parlours, oil-rigs, dentists, Hazel O'Connor gigs, Masonic Induction ceremonies, volcanic eruptions, magistrate courts, premature burials, premature births and premature ejactulations.

Unfortunately, I can't make it to tomorrow night's Dubstep/Grime do at The Black Swan, Bristol, because I've been stitched up on the child-care front...which is a real shame 'cause it's a bloody cracking line-up:

ThinKing with October/Cyrus/Digital Mystiks & Loefah/Plasticman/Vex'd/Pinch with Blazey

Hope everyone that goes has a great night! Fuckin' wish I was going, but hopefully I'll make it up for the next one...

8 Comments:

At 8:25 pm, Anonymous Heliotrope said...

Ahhh.you missed out Breakfast at 'Wastelands'..
Yeah, would hav enjoyed it too..
next time..........
Heliotrope aka 'CyRuS Da ViRuS' or
MaNic CyB or even..
FuNkRex or ummmm
GeT In 2 MoTiOn ummmm or
SeArCh PaRtY

 
At 8:35 pm, Blogger kek-w said...

Wow. How many aliases....?

 
At 9:29 pm, Anonymous CyB said...

Aliases will explain my posts for the future ;-) That being posting all material from day 1 've done..
'92-'05

Will take some time....

Will keep you all posted....8-)

 
At 11:13 pm, Blogger GTTRBRKZ said...

one of these days you and me will have to go back2back soundclash stylee, Kek.

I bet even you can't figure where I got the name of my mix from...Psychbloke was stumped too.

 
At 8:07 am, Blogger farmer glitch said...

kek - I would love ya to come and re-spin at the green-fair pre-gig re-match - but not too sure South P is ready for that electro version of Mouldy Old Dough for a second year !!

 
At 7:15 pm, Blogger kek-w said...

I've got two words to say to you, Nick: "Aza Chorn!"

Ah, the Pre-Green Fair bash...I have fond memories of last year's. Did I really play the electronic version of "Mouldy Old Dough"? I must've been pretty pissed then. I remember "Acid Man" got an airing, along with Wolf Eyes and some (uh-ho!) New Beat...are you thinking of doing something similar this year? Bren was talking about having a 'DJ' party in a marquee at Pear Tree Farm this summer; that could be pretty cool too...
He's got a load of sofas hanging around that he could use, apparently. Could be a good summer...us sad dads've gotta get some R&R in...

 
At 9:30 am, Blogger farmer glitch said...

not going for another pre-gig David Hall sess - but we have a music license for the day this year - so bands and djing in the marquee - Sunday 19th - lining up some acts right now - El Dopa hopefully confirmed - bring ya Nu Beat over for a Preston Hotel rematch !!

Sofas and Pear Tree fest sound cool - better finish off this Highway 61 remash I am working on in time for that one !!

 
At 6:26 pm, Blogger kek-w said...

El Dopa - hurrah!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home