KID SHIRT

Sunday, March 20, 2005

ARE YOU ARE MISSING WINNER?

Watched "Dark City" last night...

Well, by "watched", I mean I lasted about 35 minutes before I had to turn the fucking thing off. Badly acted, badly written, badly directed MTV director-school fodder: the first three are normally plus-points for me where films are concerned, but, in this instance, they somehow conspired to create something that we 'critics' normally refer to as shitty-shite bollocks...

Someone lent it to me, so a least I didn't have the indignity of having either bought or rented this wretched piece of 'quirky' toss. Jeez, I can almost imagine the Pitching Session: "Blahblah stylish SF Film Noir blahblahblah..." and ten minutes later some fucking ponytail signs over an initial 15mil production budget. I wish these fuckwits would get over Bladerunner. Enuff, already.

In the end, I had to cheer myself up by watching "Mountain of The Cannibal God" starring Stacy Keach and Ursula Andress (boy, that prosthetic penis severing scene still makes my eyes water) ...still, it did the trick and I went to bed happier than a Fillipino extra chewin' on a mouthful of pig chittlings. Nice soundtrack too. All you need is $125,000 and an Italian crew (or $5 and Damon Packard) and Bob's yer mum's toy-boy. I mean, what the fuck is wrong with Hollywood these days.

By a complete coincidence, I'd recently bought another DVD 'starring' Ursula Andress (Have to confess: I'm not a fan, btw...) which gave me an idea...

Competition Time!

Guess the title of the other film that I bought starring Ursula and I will send you a free DVD copy of "The Invisible Ghost" starring Bela Lugosi wot I bought up the garage, Yeovil, for a quid the other week. This classic Thirties spine-tingler is sooooo great that I, er, accidentally bought two copies! And you can win one, gentle reader...all you have to do is name the Ursula Andress film I bought on saturday and I promise to mail you this classic Bela creaker (regardless of whether you want it or not) anywhere in the world. Though, obviously, I can't guarantee that it'll work on non-UK DVD playas, but what the heck.

Some rules, though:

(1) One guess per person. And don't even think of using an alias, 'cause I'll, like, know...
(2) No employees or relatives of Kid Shirt can enter this competition.
(3) Ursula Andress cannot enter this competition.
(4) Bela Lugosi cannot enter this competition.

Okay, film buffs: give us yer best shot...

8 Comments:

At 11:56 pm, Blogger johneffay said...

There's too many to choose from, and I'm guessing you wouldn't want to own up to What's New Pussycat or the obvious ones. I'll go for Red Sun because its the only film with her in that I would consider owning myself, although I'd not heard of the cannibal film before and will be checking it out at the first available opportunity.

 
At 8:41 am, Blogger Loki said...

i think he would own up for the obvious ones... i always figured Kek was a kind of latter day Rider Haggard so...

She

 
At 11:55 am, Blogger Circle Brophy said...

Clash of the Titans... a wild stab in thee dark but you are a horse of an equal shade by my greying beard, while on thee subject of Gods of yore!!! is it true that Dave the Head is now an accomplished Morris Dancer ov note and much merriment?

 
At 12:19 pm, Blogger Circle Brophy said...

What???

 
At 7:27 pm, Blogger kek-w said...

Very, very impressed by the standard of these entries...

Red Sun. She. Clash of the Titans.

All good stuff, but unfortunately, it's not one of those. Loki's right, tho': I am an obvious kinda guy...

And, yes: Dave the Head is indeed a Morris Dancer.

 
At 7:29 pm, Blogger kek-w said...

Anyone else want a go? I'll keep this one open 'til friday, then announce a default winner....

 
At 5:33 pm, Blogger farmer glitch said...

Well - considering you have just posted that you have a liking form war books - I suppose a film that somehow mixes war and the bedding of ms.U might be it :: sooo ...

The Blue Max .....

Looks kind of crap mind !!!

 
At 7:27 pm, Blogger kek-w said...

The Blue Max...wooo!...good guess, Farmer, but sadly: nope.

I forgot Ursula was in The Blue Max. I saw it on TV ages ago...George Peppard's in it too...I seem to remember it's not too bad a film. Reasonable sunday afternoon fodder from back before we had kids.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home