KID SHIRT

Friday, November 12, 2004

DIGITAL MYSTIKZ

Something I picked up a couple weeks ago that I keep meaning to mention is the 'new' Digital Mystikz twelve: a beautifully-broody example of Substep/FWD/Croydon Beatz (or whatever we're calling it this week...).

I reckon the two tracks on the B-Side (sorry, still keep referring to these recorded-music artifacts in old-fashioned physical terms) are the ones to check on this plate: "Mawo Dub" and "Da Wrath": Chunky, low-slung, minimal percussive-funk with de-pitched string-flourishes and an oppressive post-Richard H. Kirk flava that I just know Nick Gutterbreakz will dig.

Available from Big Apple Records.

3 Comments:

At 12:22 am, Blogger GTTRBRKZ said...

Sounds like my bag. I thought the Mystix tracks on Grime 2 were possibly the most interesting offerings. Will check it out.

 
At 12:14 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

there are a couple of 12"s on their and loefahs dmz label, very good they are , the second one has very cold dread.

 
At 9:07 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, they're def. on my shopping-list too...must get round to actually doing something about it...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home