KID SHIRT

Monday, August 30, 2004

I JUST BURN, BURN, BURN...

Talking to the bloke who runs the burger-van in B&Q's car-park. He says: "Yeah, I pay the council a grand a year to park here..." What's that for, I ask him, a licence or something? He looks heavenward for inspiration as he slaps some soggy onions on a bun: " 'What'sit for?' It's for...lemme see...oh, yeah, I remember now: it's for absolutely nothing whatsoever." He stops to watch a pair of jeeps pull into the car-park next to a display of garden-sheds, then says: "Look at those wankers. They've got the day off and they come here looking for work...dozy fuckers. Go and clean your cars or something. Wouldn't fucking catch me here if I had the day off. You want ketchup on these?"

Round the back, in the garden centre there's a special offer on "Fiery Jack" pansies. I didn't buy any.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home